Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Special Olympics North Carolina is currently seeking interns to serve in various departments for the Spring semester. The time commitment can vary from 15 to 40 hours a week, depending on the internship requirements. Please note that locations for internships vary. All intern positions are on a strictly volunteer basis.
To learn more about SONC’s intern program or to express interest in a position, send a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Special Olympics North Carolina, 2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27560. If you are applying for a communications internship, please also send three writing samples with one being a feature story. Other examples of writing samples could be a press release or media alert.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and system/software programs utilized by SONC
- Possess a valid driver’s license or have transportation to/from work
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows
- Occasional nights/weekends
Intern Work Schedule:
- Suggested Fall schedule: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for three days a week anytime Monday through Friday, with added evenings and weekends as position demands
- Suggested Spring/Fall schedule: minimum of 15 hours for at least 3 days a week
- Schedule is flexible and can vary week to week as necessary