Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Position Overview: From birthday parties to weddings to corporate lunches and more, Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre offers a unique and playful setting for events of all shapes and sizes. A critical part of Marbles Customer Support Team, the Special Events and Facility Rentals Intern will assist in the organization, preparation and delivery of signature museum events, facility rentals, corporate events, public events, group sales, overnights and team building activities.
Responsibilities Can Include:
- Assist Event Coordinators in organizing, preparing and delivering internal and external events.
- Collaborate and maintain communication with museum staff and external vendors to assist with the coordination, planning and implementation of first-class events.
- Participate in planning and delivery of on-site events.
- Participate in Customer Support internal planning meetings and in planning meetings with clients.
- Assist in preparation of event floor plans and event setups, and oversee event setups on site.
- Assist with research and purchase of event décor and supplies.
- Attend industry tradeshows and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event Coordinators.
Requirements & Expectations:
- This is an unpaid full or part-time internship. Intern must have some weekday or Saturday availability.
- Preferred working degrees are sales, event planning/management, public relations and marketing; other degrees considered.
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be self-motivated, prompt and flexible in terms of daily routine.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment.