Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Special Olympics North Carolina is currently seeking interns to serve in various departments for the Spring 2019 semester. The time commitment can vary from 15 to 20 hours a week, depending on the internship requirements and event schedule. Please note that locations for internships may vary. All intern positions are on a strictly volunteer basis.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and system/software programs utilized by SONC
- Possess a valid driver’s license or have transportation to/from work
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows
Intern Work Schedule:
- Suggested Spring schedule: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for two-three days a week anytime Monday through Friday, with added evenings and weekends as position demands
- Suggested Spring 2019 schedule: minimum of 15 hours (typically 3 days a week)
- Spring schedule must include Summer Games 5/31 to 6/2/19
- Schedule is flexible and can vary week to week as necessary
Specific intern positions available include Communications, Sports, Volunteer Engagement, Development, Athlete & Program Development, Health, and Unified Schools.
To learn more about SONC’s intern program or to express interest in a position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you are applying for a communications internship, please also send three writing samples with one being a feature story. Other examples of writing samples could be a press release or media alert.