Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Miracle League of the Triangle Program Administrative Intern
The Miracle League of the Triangle is a nonprofit organization operating as baseball league for children and adults with special needs. Serving over 500 players each spring and fall season, our program provides a safe place for those with special needs to experience more than an ordinary baseball game. They experience friendship, community, compassion and sheer joy!
The role of the MLT Intern(s) is to assist Director of Baseball Operations (DBO) and Executive Director (ED) as needed with operational and administrative tasks for meetings, trainings, game day, fund raising and special events. Hours may range from 8-15 per week depending on work load and game schedules. Work will primarily take place at the Miracle League Office and Fields but may include other locations for special events or meetings.
Report to: Primarily to the Director of Baseball Operations, Secondary to the Executive Director
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, respect and concern for each player, their family and volunteers with high morals and integrity on and off the field
- Assist during scheduled meetings & trainings
- Assist during scheduled Training Days, Field Preps and End of Season Parties
- Be proactive going to ED/DBO and volunteers for assistance when needed
- Be detail-oriented, working efficiently with time and supplies
- Possess effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Promote the Miracle League in a positive manner at all times.
Task to be performed (not a full inclusive listing)
- Coaches Meeting preparations
- Season Preparations including uniforms, facilities, rosters, field staff oversite
- Games - assist with game operations, including at least one evening during the week. (Schedule to be determined)
- End-of-Season Parties – Assist in coordination and execution of special event.
- Fundraising Event – Assist in coordination and execution of event.
- Social Media Marketing
- General administrative support may include filing, data collecting, document shredding, preparing mailings, writing Thank you notes, conducting screening calls to potential players and coaches, communicating to volunteers via email, phone and face to face.
Location: Miracle League of the Triangle offices are located at 1000 Perimeter Park Dr., Suite H; Morrisville, NC 27560. Primary Miracle League Field be at 805 Cary Towne Blvd, Cary, NC 27519 but may also be asked to assist at North Raleigh location (3011 Queensland Rd.) on occasion.
For consideration: Please submit your resume with a letter of interest to Cyndy Vagle, Director of Baseball Operations at LeagueManager@MiracleLeagueoftheTriangle.com.