Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
2019 Summer Communications Internship
Triangle Ultimate is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that organizes and promotes the sport of Ultimate in the Triangle region of North Carolina. Triangle Ultimate’s mission is to increase the quality and quantity of ultimate programs for all ages and skill levels, with a special emphasis on youth development. By providing players, coaches, and volunteers opportunities to learn, play, and teach spirited ultimate, we aim to strengthen the ultimate community of the Triangle.
Purpose: Triangle Ultimate is looking for energetic 2019 Summer interns seeking to gain valuable experience and knowledge in the sports/parks & recreation industry. This is a part time unpaid internship starting mid-May of 2019 (or earlier) and running through early August of 2019.
Responsibilities: Interns will gain experience working with and managing internal member & participant communications, as well as external organizational communications to raise awareness and market programs:
- Work with Triangle Ultimate staff to coordinate day-to-day social media postings
- Assist in developing strategy for a seasonal push to increase social media reach
- Research social trends and how other sports leagues and organizations are using them to increase following and engagement
- Create and manage Triangle Ultimate Google Adwords and Groupon campaigns
- Help with the creation of written and graphic content for websites, newsletters, & social media
- Assist with the creation and distribution of monthly newsletters
- Assist with tracking and following up with participants, volunteers, and donors
- Onsite event responsibilities including photography, writing recaps & articles, & collecting testimonials
- Candidates must be reliable, able to problem solve, able to multi-task efficiently, have solid communication skills and writing ability, and have strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required
- Must be able to commit 10-15 hours a week, including some evenings & weekends
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience or knowledge of the game of Ultimate Frisbee is not required, but is a plus
Relevant coursework and skills: Journalism, communications, marketing/public relations, sport management, sports administration, recreation management or other related major. Triangle Ultimate will work with the individual on getting school credit.
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter, please contact:
Lauren Finn, MSW, Volunteer and Operations Manager, Triangle Ultimate