Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
IKF Internship Scope / Roles / Tasks
“In-Kind Friends (IKF)”– WHO WE ARE:
Two attorneys, one accountant, a probation officer, a physician, an MBA, a PR executive, a dietician, and an ergonomist… What could these Raleigh women possibly have in common? We possess a drive to make the Triangle a little sunnier by helping local organizations become a successful, sustainable, contributing part of our community. In-Kind Friends is a group of 9 women who take on different local clients per year, lending time and talent to tackle the goals set forth by the organization. An LLC and 501(c)(3), IKF works to connect clients with community partners to create long-lasting partnerships and ensure sustainability. With an eclectic roster like ours, there’s not much we can’t – or won’t – do. We do not cultivate a hand-out-dependent organization. By leaning in, we teach others to lean less.
INTERNSHIP SCOPE: Internwould assist IKF in various roles such as editing website content, helping IKF’s selected non-profit(s) become more sustainable, and assisting IKF with achieving various deliverables for our clients. IKF seeks the following skills or experience with prospective interns: project management, leadership, event planning, social media, program evaluation, and prior experience working with non-profits.
- Will possibly become two internship positions at a later date
- A non-paid internship with a start-up mentality
-- Intern would attend IKF’s fun, creative, & power-packed meetings.
-- Intern would be exposed to multiple non-profits in the area.
- IKF works on a September-May calendar with most of the effort taking place in January-May. Accordingly, it is a 6-9 month position with opportunity for an extended role. Time commitment is TBD but will range from 3 hrs/wk to 10 hrs/wk.
- Internship posting has an end date of June 2020. However, if the intern is successful and available for Fall of 2021 &/or Spring 2022, we would prefer having long-term continuity.
SPECIFIC ROLES FOR 2019-2020:
- Assist with IKF’s newsletter, social media plan, and content of our own website
- General ongoing tasks:
- Attend IKF mtgs and some or all of the site visits for our client(s)
- research continuing ed opportunities for IKF
- Work on specific IKF deliverables for our chosen client(s) for 2019-2020.
Please submit resumes to Kathleen Malik at email@example.com. Feel free to call her at 919-608-7599 with questions.