Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery, and learning through play. Today, Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to nearly 700,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: The Community Engagement Team initiates, deepens, grows, and enhances community engagement across all core initiatives and programs through community engagement events, partnerships and volunteer opportunities. The Community Engagement Intern will play a critical role in sharing and involving the community in Marbles’ mission.
- Planning, preparing and delivering special events on and off-site
- Supporting communications efforts related to sharing impact and mission
- Capturing impact through evaluation and reporting
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention
- Representing Marbles in the community
- Aiding in delivery of some Full Circle Access programs, including Ready Set School
Requirements & Expectations:
- Internship will require some nighttime and weekend availability
- In possession excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be self-motivated, prompt and flexible in terms of daily routine
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should submit their resumes and cover letters to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.