Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery, and learning through play. Today, Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to nearly 700,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: Designed for students in grades 4 – 8, Learning Labs are creative and interactive programs paired with a larger-than-life IMAX documentary. A member of the Learning and Guest Experience teams, the Learning Lab intern assists with the prep, set-up, delivery and breakdown of these experiential, curriculum-aligned programs.
- Delivering Learning Lab program for students in grades 4 – 8
- Staging Learning Labs and managing program materials
- Welcoming school groups and chaperones in a friendly, Marbleous manner
- Participating in program development to ensure all Labs are engaging and playfully purposeful
Requirements & Expectations:
- Comfortable facilitating activities with middle school groups
- Commitment to extraordinary guest service
- Eagerness to jump in and play
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Intern must have weekday availability from 9am-2pm.
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should submit their resumes and cover letters to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.