Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery, and learning through play. Today, Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to nearly 700,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: Marbles Exhibit Team designs, fabricates and maintains all museum exhibits. The Exhibit Maintenance & Fabrication internship offers valuable insight into how our exhibits come together and provides opportunities for hands on experience repairing and maintaining current offerings.
- Assisting in fabrication of exhibit components
- Installing/uninstalling temporary/seasonal exhibits and décor
- Cleaning, repairing and maintaining museum exhibit components
- Assisting in maintaining and organizing exhibit shop
Requirements & Expectations:
- Preferred working degrees are Industrial Design, design education or similar degree OR relevant practical experience; other degrees considered
- Basic design and 3D modeling experience
- Knowledge of/experience with power and hand tools and the ability to use them safely. Prior carpentry and machine shop experience a plus
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and responsiveness to fast-paced museum environment with ability to take initiative and work effectively both individually and as part of a team
This is an unpaid internship. To apply, submit your resume & cover letter to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org Chosen applicants 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.