Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery, and learning through play. Today, Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to nearly 700,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: From weddings to corporate events, Marbles offers a playfully unique setting for events of all shapes and sizes. The Special Events and Facility Rentals Intern will assist in the organization, preparation and delivery of signature museum events, facility rentals, corporate events, public events, group sales, overnights and team building activities.
- Collaborating and communicating with museum staff and external vendors to plan and implement internal and external events
- Participating in internal meetings and planning meetings with clients
- Assisting in preparation of event floor plans and event setups, including overseeing event setups
- Assisting with research and purchase of event décor and supplies
- Attending industry tradeshows and events as available
Requirements & Expectations:
- Preferred working degrees are Business, Event Planning/Management, Public Relations and Marketing; other degrees considered
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication and excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at a time individually and as a team
- Must be self-motivated, prompt and flexible in terms of daily routine
This is an unpaid full or part-time internship. Intern must have some weekday availability with occasional nights and weekends. Submit your resume & cover letter to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.