Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery and learning through play. Today Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to nearly 700,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: Marbles Marketing & Communications Team is responsible for developing and implementing all marketing and public relation communications for the museum, including membership, development, programs, special events, Marbles Café, Marbles IMAX and more. As part of the Marketing Team, the Digital & Social Media Intern will play a critical role in helping to shape and share the story of Marbles Kids Museum.
- Assisting with digital marketing strategy, including growing and monitoring social media, capturing photography and videography, creating and sharing content, tracking growth and impact + more
- Supporting social media promotions for Marbles (museum, IMAX, Café, Corner Store)
- Publishing Marbles programs and events on community calendars
- Updating email distribution and media lists
Requirements & Expectations:
- Preferred working degrees are Social Media, Marketing, Digital Media, Business, Graphic Communications, Communication Studies; other degrees considered
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication and excellent customer service skills
- Must have attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Must be self-motivated, prompt and flexible
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment
This is an unpaid internship with full or part-time availability Monday – Friday with occasional nights and weekends. Submit your resume & cover letter to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.