Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theater opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery and learning through play. Today Marbles ranks among the top destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences nearly 700,000 annual visitors.
Position Overview: Marbles offers kids engaging opportunities to explore the world around them through play while parents connect with other adults and share new experiences with their little ones. A part of the Learning Team, the Early Childhood Education Intern will play a critical role in set up, delivery and breakdown of programs like Toddlers Together, Preschoolers Discover, Ready Set School and more while gaining valuable hands-on early childhood education experience.
- Collaborating with Learning team lead to deliver early childhood education programming
- Engaging kids in playful learning activities that help promote skill development, hands-on play and school readiness
- Designing program elements that support play-based learning
- Supporting set up and breakdown of classes, programs and events
- In possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with children ages 1-5 years, preferred
- In possession of an outgoing, friendly demeanor; someone who enjoys/is comfortable with approaching and speaking with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Preferred working degrees are Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education; other degrees with an interest or experience in early education considered.
This is a part-time, unpaid position. To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants aged 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.