Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery, and learning through play. Located in the heart of Downtown Raleigh, today Marbles ranks among the top family destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences to more than 680,000 annual campus visitors.
Position Overview: On April 25, 2020, Marbles will host the Imagination Ball, our celebrated annual fundraising gala. Marbles Imagination Ball is an elegantly whimsical evening featuring food stations, dancing and a substantial silent and live auction. The Imagination Ball is attended by approximately 600 guests, and all proceeds fuel Marbles’ play-based learning experiences and environments.
As a critical part of the Development Team, the Fundraising Events Intern will get real world, hands-on experience working on special event projects and will develop and use skills in fundraising, event planning and donor relations and stewardship.
Responsibilities Can Include:
- Support all aspects of the planning and execution of Marbles 2020 Imagination Ball on April 25, 2020.
- Assist with sponsor/guest communications and guest registrations
- Participate in internal planning and Host Committee meetings for Marbles Imagination Ball
- Help create and execute mailing of event marketing materials, including digital and print invitations and promotions.
- Support auction coordination: help maintain auction database(s); solicit auction donations; track auction requests; pick up auction items etc.
- Participate in onsite event setup, coordination and cleanup on Saturday April 25.
- Maintain and update donor database.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development team.
- Contribute to donor stewardship processes, including preparing thank you letters.
Requirements & Expectations:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Passion for nonprofit industry and event and/or fundraising careers.
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple projects at a time.
- Self-motivated, prompt, responsive and flexible in terms of daily routine.
- Able to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment
This is a part-time, unpaid position. Submit your resume & cover letter by November 11th to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants must complete a background check prior to hire.