Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theater opened our doors in 2007 with a mission to spark imagination, discovery and learning through play. Today Marbles ranks among the top destinations in North Carolina, offering hands-on, minds-on learning experiences nearly 700,000 annual visitors.
Position Overview: This position will collaborate with the creative production team to define project goals, outcomes, and play opportunities that align with the Marbles brand and vision.The Design Development Intern will gain communication, coordination, and technical skills in design and project development in a fast-paced museum environment with an in-house production team.
- Assist and collaborate with creative team on new and ongoing projects. Projects include developing new imaginative play experiences through exhibits, programs, props & event displays.
- Research, invent and develop playful activities and displays for museum exhibits and projects.
- Collaborate with team to develop concepts and prototype fabrication needs.
- Provide ongoing evaluation for current and new exhibits to ensure quality of play experiences are at their best for Marbles guests.
Requirements & Expectations:
- Currently working towards a degree in design, education, museum studies or related field and interest in designing for kids and families in an interactive and informal learning environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and visual storytelling: hand sketches, renderings, vision boards and more.
- Experience with informal education and early childhood development is a plus.
- Interest in gaining experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Confident in physical ability to install exhibits and displays as needed
- Able to work 12 hours a week Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm.
This is a part-time, unpaid position. To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter by November 11th to Volunteer@MarblesKidsMuseum.org. Chosen applicants aged 18+ must complete a background check prior to hire.