Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Special Olympics North Carolina is currently seeking interns to serve in various departments for spring & summer 2020. The time commitment can vary from 10 to 24 hours a week, depending on the internship requirements and event schedule. Please note that locations for internships may vary. All intern positions are on a strictly volunteer basis.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Athlete and Program Development Intern
- Communications Intern
- Development and Fundraising Intern
- Volunteer Engagement Intern
- Sports Intern
- Sustainable Events Intern
More specific information about the available internships can be found at https://sonc.net/about-us/internships/
To learn more about SONC’s intern program or to express interest in a position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Special Olympics North Carolina, 2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27560. If you are applying for a communications internship, please also send three writing samples with one being a feature story. Other examples of writing samples could be a press release or media alert.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and system/software programs utilized by SONC
- Possess a valid driver’s license or have transportation to/from work
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows
- Occasional nights/weekends
Intern Work Schedule:
- Suggested spring schedule: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for two or three days a week anytime Monday through Friday, with added evenings and weekends as position demands
- Suggested spring schedule: minimum of 15 hours for at least 3 days a week
- Spring & summer schedule should include the 2020 Summer Games May 29-31
- Suggested summer Schedule: 2-3 full days per week in office
- Schedule is flexible and can vary week to week as necessary