Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Spring 2020 Marketing and Communications Internship
Susan G. Komen NC Triangle to the Coast Affiliate is seeking a Marketing and Communications intern. The Development and Communications intern will be an integral part of the development team, helping to further the mission and promote the Affiliate’s 24th Annual Triangle Race for the Cure that will be held in the RTP on Saturday, May 2, 2020. The intern will also support the team in executing strategies to increase engagement with local partners, patients, supporters, and other stakeholders across the Affiliate’s 29-county service area in central and eastern North Carolina. Learn more about Komen NCTC at komennctc.org.
The intern will have the opportunity to build a robust portfolio in the areas of marketing and communications including but not limited to social media, digital advertising, race marketing, media relations, and web page design. The Marketing and Communications intern will support and report to the Director of Development and Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely execution of all tasks, including but not limited to social media posts, blog posts, website updates, e-newsletters, etc.
- Assist with capturing content including pictures, videos, quotes, and stories.
- Actively utilize software and platforms such as MS Office (PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Excel), Canva, and Hootsuite.
- Complete other assigned duties and projects as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as evidenced by creative samples
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and community leaders
- Experience and comfort with utilizing technology including websites and social media
- Ability to meet deadlines with special attention to detail
- Creative thinking skills and vision
- Passion for learning and taking on new challenges
Schedule: Starting in February 2020, the intern will work 10-15 hours a week for a maximum of 12 weeks, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. The start date and amount of hours will be determined based on the intern’s schedule.
Compensation: $600-$750 depending on experience. Stipend will be provided at end of internship. If applicable, interns are also encouraged to seek academic credit for the internship. Student is responsible for making such arrangements and should determine the specific procedure at her/his academic institution.
How to Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 creative samples detailing your experience and interest in this opportunity to Krista Park Berry, Director of Development and Communications, email@example.com
Examples of creative samples: blog post, newsletter, storytelling or marketing writing assignment for school, social creative assets, marketing campaigns, etc.
Review of applications will begin January 15, 2020.
Susan G. Komen NC Triangle to the Coast
600 Airport Blvd., Suite 100, Morrisville, NC 27560