Posting your nonprofit Internship with the Institute for Nonprofits is an easy, cost-effective way to fill your current Internship vacancies.
Find an Internship
Ending fatherless generations by preparing young males for Enrollment, Enlistment, Entrepreneurship Employment and Empowerment” The Brotherhood of Excellence Academy is a faith based Educational Center with a vision of every male discovering and fulfilling their authentic destiny.
We are seeking a Resource Development Intern to work in our Rocky Mount, NC office. This is an unpaid position.
The Development Intern will work with the Executive Director to solicit donations for our programming and organization operations. This position takes on an active role in creating a compelling written and visual story of our program through print, email and online fundraising campaigns. The position will work in the implementation of the Development/Fundraising plan for the organization including donor relations, brand awareness, and event planning.
Fundraising, Communications, & Donor Relations
- Oversees the creation and mailing of gift acknowledgment letters to donors
- Creates compelling email, web, and direct mail fundraising strategy
- Photography/Videography of events for social media outlets, website and brand awareness
- Creating written content for press releases and designing newsletters and e(newsletters)
- Work with the Executive Director on drafting and implementing the organization development/fundraising plan
- Assist in the coordination of events including solicitation of donations, volunteer recruitment and management, soliciting corporate sponsorships and donations
- Building donor relationships through brand awareness
- Setting up and utilizing crowdfunding platforms for the organization
- Attending various community events for the organization for brand awareness
- Develop creative ways to keep donors engaged (7 touches)
- Accurately captures and maintains all donor information, gift information and moves management information in Bloomerang
- Ensure volunteers track time
- Write a sustainability plan for the position to be reviewed by the Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director